Tuesday 12 March 2013

Dave Haslam

I decided to go the the lecture that Dave Haslam was giving. I'm a big fan of Manchester music, and giving his background thought it might be an interesting way to spend an hour.

I took a lot more that I expected from the lecture. The message that Mr Haslam was giving out was to be different, creative and unexpected. Avoid the mainstream and you'll find something more special.
This is something that I had been trying to achieve in my personal life as well as in my work. I'm exctied for the list of films, books, places to explore and hopefully find some further inspiration for the project.

"Marginal activity. It's marginal because it's new or pioneering. 
Or because people have no money.
Or they just want something different because mainstream has no appeal"

No comments:

Post a Comment