Friday 24 January 2014

Final Samples





I found these bright match sticks by chance when buying some other art materials. The colour caught my eye as it fits in perfectly with my colour pallet. I experimented with what I could do with them and enjoyed the movement it gave to the rubber matting. I could fill in the negative space and create a new surface at the same time. This works well in terms of Leutton Postle too, the colour and shape could be an embellishment to an exsisting product, or like before take on a new form as accessories. It has a tribal feel to it also. I became really excited by this and produced many samples. Here are a few photographs of me exploring what could be done with this shape. 


Using the same black matting I also experimented with producing larger gathered samples. I loosely threaded through some bright string and then gathered the whole thing very tightly. This has created a very tactile surface that could be used as a textile fabric for fashion or accessories purposes.
On reflection, I wish I had used this black colour early on as it is quite harsh and a surprise. I think the black helps it look more 'tribal' therefore matching Leutton Postle's most recent line.

No comments:

Post a Comment