Wednesday 17 December 2014

Combining Embroidery

This week I have been trying to pull all the areas of my project together by combining the surface I am developing with my earlier traditional embroidery samples. I have been overlaying my samples with embroidery to tell stories of my memories and create surfaces that appear abstract at first glance.
I have also started to add colour into my samples. I have been keeping the colour pallet simple adding in touches of green to reflect upon the green nature of New Zealand.





I can feel my project coming together now, however I don't feel as though I have arrived at the final outcome yet. I need to carefully consider my choice of materials and how I can combine embroidery with the material experiments I have done in order to create a visual representation of my memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment