Monday 13 April 2015

Making Nets

One of the great things about winning the Art Maze commission was that I was able to see my work up in a space and evaluate how I can take the project further. In a few weeks I will be entering the vertical gallery commission but pitching a different piece so as not to repeat myself.


I experimented with net making earlier in the project, so have revisited this. I used similar data to inform the nets so each will be a visual expression of identity. I like how each net appears different and shows the variation of numerical data. I used a viscose thread on paper to create these drawings. I like how the code is formed through individuality and is communicated through a web like structure. Each shape varies and creates a clear visualisation of my concept.
11163191


1086937974


12088796


I also experimented with layering the nets on top of each other. By doing this I am creating a web of identity that reflects the dense environment that I want to build upon. I can see how I can use the rope I have to build these net structures and use within the degree show.


No comments:

Post a Comment