Sunday 11 November 2012

A Travel Without Visual Experience

From looking into light, tone and colour pallet, I began to think of examples of an artists work that could reflect this and to which I could be inspired from to move my project on.
I looked back upon the trip to the Liverpool Bienniel, now that I have more context to my project for inspiration of how I can move forward.



A Travel Without Visual Experience, Pak Sheung Chuen.
I documented this work in the Tate Liverpool. The project was a very unusual experience, the room was totally dark inside and we were encouraged to take flash photography in order to view the images on the wall.
I enjoyed how when taking a photo you saw a flash of the art, but not the whole thing. Only when I came home and reviewed the photographs did I see in detail what was on the wall. I love this idea as i think it is simplistic in its execution, yet highly thought provoking.  The artist was on a trip in Malaysia, where she covered her eyes to experience the trip 'blind' yet documented the entire journey through photographs.
This is another way of looking at how simple it can be to use light to change meanings, thoughts, and the context of an image. Light is such a powerful tool and manipulation is something that I am keen to investigate further.

No comments:

Post a Comment