Sunday 4 November 2012

Sunset Study


I decided to look into the idea of light and colour changes in more detail.
Yesterday I documented the sun setting by taking one photo every minute for a period of 42 minutes. I did this study looking out of the 4th floor of Cavendish South building at 4.30 on 3/11/2012. 
I really enjoyed this study, because I was looking through a window, as the light got darker outside, more of the room became visible. I really liked how the image outside faded away gradually until it was almost un recognisable.
I have then created this animation using iMovie and the app for mac, Gif Animator, so that the process is more visible and its clearer to see the changes that happened.

These are the first and last images of the study. I love the light and tonal changes as it shows how much of a change happens in a short space of time. You can see elements of my colour pallet coming through in the final image, where as the colours of the first image are much more grey and blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment