Tuesday 4 December 2012

Sampling Unit Launch

Some of my initial thoughts from launch lecture from my notebook.

DATA

  • Gathering data to transform into a visual format
  • Not just statistics and information
  • Recording Time
  • Drawing, painting, documenting.
  • Phases of moon
  • Night sky
  • Patterns
  • MOVEMENT
  • 3D resources
  • Connections - (document who has seen my blog)
  • Cross-section of a tree
  • Text
I like to be organised with my initial thoughts, here I can flick through my preliminary thoughts and then begin to filter out what I want to take forward for the duration of the project.
I like the initial title of the prroject and feel as though I have a strong starting point to work with.

Key Pieces from the Presentation


Susan Morris 
Making Art with Sensors

Untitled Motion Capture Drawings




“I’ve been trying to record the movements we make but don’t notice we’re making. All the habitual movements and gestures – I’m interested in where they come from.“ Susan Morris in an interview with Watford Observer.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/leisure/localexhibitions/9525470.Making_art_with_sensors/r/?ref=rss


Geoff Mann
Attracted to Light
(Movement of a moth around a light)

Long Exposure series, Nylon, 25.4 x 29.8 x 34.9 (cm), 2005.

These two artists stuck out to me from the presentation. I love the lines created and the idea of recording a movement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment