Thursday 13 December 2012

Go to the Library and...

...find textile books?

This wasn't what I was supposed to hear.

But later in the day, I did find (in a pile of books) a lovely book about the night sky and constellations.

This for me launched my project.
I began making A1 sketches from this small book based upon the data I read and the images within it.


Ink and nib. 


Inks, using the text that spoke about the movements in the sky throughout February. 


5 minutes. Only using lines and dots. Charcoal on a stick.




Ink and oil bar. 


After reading the book and responding to it, I have come to think that I enjoyed the data I read, however translating this into drawings that i can take inspiration from for my work will prove challenging. This is someone else's drawings, and a historical example of how people and astronomers have read the nights sky. 
I need to think about this idea and do some further research before I limit myself too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment