Thursday 17 January 2013

Constellations

I have found much more inspiration after looking at movement and first hand drawing from what I saw.
I want to take this idea further but still keep in mind my initial research of constellations.
I began drawing myself, tutors, friends and strangers moving around and documenting what they did. Always keeping in mind the idea of data, and that my drawings are an interpretation, yet also a documentation of the history.


This is a page from my sketchbook where I was quickly drawing a friend making toast.
I added colour after to try and distinguish the points and the scale of her movements.


I also began to think about mapping my movements. Drawing lines on a map of a certain movement mirrors a constellation of the night sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment