Monday 28 January 2013

Machine Embroidery Week 2

This week I started to think more about the qualities of the backs of the samples. I was still keeping in mind my drawings but starting more to relate my work back to the idea of data and think about the data of the back of the samples.


I created this sample using the embellisher. The wool jute fell apart on the embellisher but leaves a ghost like presence on the back of the wool. 



Here I layered 4 different fabrics together and used straight stitch to create a quilted effect. I then ripped through the quilting to show the layers and see how the fabrics react when placed next to one and other.



 I like the loose lines that form on the back when using a tailor tacking foot as opposed to the straight lines in the front. By altering the tension here I was able to bring up the light and dark threads creating a looser line that looks more like movement.



I enjoyed using the tailor tacking foot and completed more samples using the tension tool and seeing how effective it was on different fabrics. Here is just two examples of these experiments.



No comments:

Post a Comment