Thursday 3 April 2014

Problem Solving

Hallelujah! I have discovered a solution!
Although i am very adverse to using glue, I have come to the conclusion that for this to truly work, I need to use glue to hold the pieces in place. I have found an old antique plate that I broke apart. I then glued all but a few of the pieces back together along with some bias binding and experimented with darning over the whole using red thread. I was thrilled with the outcome as this will ensure the work can hang in a gallery space and also have a darned area where the missing piece would have been.



Next I will visit a local charity shop and source lots of crockery for me to 'mend'. I want to use old fashioned plates as this reflects upon the traditional craft methods I am using as well as a society when we would normally fix things as oppose to buying new.

No comments:

Post a Comment