Sunday 13 April 2014

Final Paintings







I want my final images to run concurrently like a series would. I like how you can see the progression in my work from the first to last painting. I have enjoyed looking conceptually at my theme of water and this has helped me to understand not only the concept further but also the process of painting. I feel as though my skills have improved over the course of the project by using varnishes and finishing products as I have never done so before. 
I feel as though the theme of Memory and I density comes across throughout the series as some of the images almost look like dreams. The abstraction and distortion is the key factor in doing this. I am very happy with how the layering technique worked as i feel this adds to the distortion and prevents the work from feeling flat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment