Wednesday 14 May 2014

Rebecca Horn - Finger Gloves




Rebecca Horn is a German sculpture and film maker who is inspired by the body and surrounding environments. Finger Gloves is project which explores ideas of touch and sensory awareness. Fingers are an important part of the body that is easily taken for granted. 

When wearing any sort of gloves, the wearer often feels a loss of the sense of touch and the implication of surviving without this sense is heightened. Horn's use of elongated fingers means that picking up distant objects is easier, but there is a big lack of control over what is picked up. 

I feel like I can use these ideas of distance and restriction when exploring knit in relation to an extension of the body. I want to investigate creating my own version of finger gloves and see how this impacts on my movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment