Tuesday 27 January 2015

Primary Europe Commission

Today I gave a pitch to the company Primary Europe for a commission. It was a nerve-wracking experience, but I feel as this has helped my confidence in talking about my work and consolidating my ideas. I pitched two ideas for the office walls. My idea is an abstract representation of Manchester using the symbols and embroidery techniques that I have developed for this unit. As part of the pitch I had to do a 5 minute presentation about my work and explain the logistics behind the making and fixing it.




These are the two ideas I put forward today. I created visualisations from a selection of my samples. I have never done this before so it was great to see how my work could look in a space. However during the presentation, I was asked about the scale of my work in relation to my visualisations. I then realised that I had made a mistake and I had made them too big for the wall on Photoshop. Although I was ultimately unsuccessful, I'm glad I had the opportunity to present my ideas and the experience has helped me resolve my project as well as think further about the context of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment