Monday 2 February 2015

Final Samples

My final colour palette has been made from found colours. I associate a green landscape and blue skies with my time in New Zealand so wanted to include these touches of colours to accentuate the otherwise black and grey colours.



I have created several final samples, to finalise and showcase my ideas. I wanted the final collection to have a professional feel to it so felt I needed to address the issue of the edges. Although I liked the landscape aspect, I feel it makes the work look cheap. To solve this problem, I have chosen to fold the edges over with iron on interfacing.


I have created two large and four smaller pieces to show how I can present my ideas of context and multiples. Each one will tell a different story so it is important to have a multiple of final samples. However, it isn’t necessary at this stage to make one for everyday I was travelling, so I have chosen to make two large ones for now. In Unit X I can explore the idea of finishing the series if I see fit for the degree show in June.

Journey to Milford Sound, the 8th wonder of the world.

Climbing Mount Etna in Auckland.

Mount Etna & Hot Water Beach

Milford Sound & Wellington

No comments:

Post a Comment