Sunday 24 February 2013

Enlargement

After doing lots of drawing over the last few week, I didn't want to just leave it there, I wanted to keep drawing, this evening I had a spare few hours so I began to continue expanding my drawings. I started by enlarging them and reworking the originals in new drawings on paper and within my sketchbook. These photographs show the progression through this process. 






I really like this final large drawing. I feel it pulls my project together, and helps me establish the end point. I feel like I could carry on, as nothing is ever over, howeverI am happy with what I have produced so far and I feel like I have taken this project as far as I can within my current deadline. After I completed this, I realised that this style reflects expressionism and Kandinsky's work in particular. 

Wassily Kandinsky, Composition VIII, 1923

1 comment: