Sunday 17 February 2013

Show and Tell

Last week, I had a spontaneous moment and decided to the monthly meeting at The Cornerhouse named Show and Tell.
This is a series of meetings in which local and international artists and creatives come together to tell each other about what projects they are currently undertaking.
I found this a brilliant way to spend an afternoon and I even bumped into my Tutorial tutor, Hannah Boyce, who happened to be presenting.

I found every artist who spoke highly inspirational. Their ideas filled me with inspiration about how I can improve my own practise and also helped me to realise just how much there is going on around me that I have been blind to so far.

I really enjoyed Matthew Kendall's presentation of his work, Allez Wiggo!
I love how his work went from a small sketch on a mudane evening to become a sensation all over the internet. He innocently posted his design on twitter and almost immediately had orders for prints, t-shirts and even car stickers rushing in. His design got so big that someone even started making fake copies at a reduced price. I love the progression from his idea to sensation through the power of the internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment