Monday 4 February 2013

Machine Embroidery Week 3

This week we learnt how to use the pin tuck foot. This quickly became my favourite foot to use and I used it for the remainder of my time in the machine room. 
I really like the effect it gave on the back and front of the material when threads are passed underneath the fabric. It gives the fabric weight, strength and when alternated a movement. The fabric began to scrunch up even after pressing. I experimented with this technique a lot using different threads underneath and different fabrics.





I really like this sample because as I found that moving the fabric around the foot I could reflect my drawings more than the straight lines above. I then went back to fill in some of the open spaces with the tailor tacking foot. I'm really pleased with this final sample and my experiential approach to using the sewing machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment