Wednesday 13 February 2013

Thoughts from Tutorials.

After having a few tutorials over the last few days I am becoming clearer in my mind about where my project is going and what I need to do to improve.

Firstly I have decided, because I am feeling vague about certain themes and the embroidery aspect, that I want to keep my project in monochrome. Colour is something I adore, but at the moment I feel that adding colour to my samples will change a lot of what I am trying to portray and through everything out of context. I want to focus on the techniques and producing quality samples and I feel that using  colour could distract me from that.

Secondly, I want to get bigger and use different shapes. I don't want my samples to continue being squares and I want to get out of my sketchbook a bit more. Large scale drawings and different shaped materials I think will help me to achieve this.

Pattern and movement. I want to explore these ideas more in my last two weeks of embroidery sampling. I want to start thinking about the sample as a whole, and where the end result is taking me. The project is coming to a close now so I would like to think further about pulling everything together to a natural finishing point.

No comments:

Post a Comment