Wednesday 4 February 2015

Visualisations

I have created a series of visualisations to demonstrate the context of my work. I see my work to be in a public site. Using Photoshop, I have placed it in a variety of scenarios. Firstly, I have used a gallery environment. The Kraak Gallery in the Northern Quarter is a great place for up and coming artists to showcase their work. It is tucked away down an alley but often has innovative and interesting works from local and young artists. I imagine my work to be a series of large scale samples, each telling the story of a different day.


Nexus Art Cafe is another great place for young artists to get their work seen around Manchester. It is a local hangout for many people in the creative industry. The relaxed interior is an inviting environment which I feel balances my work well.


Night and Day Cafe is a live music venue in the Northern Quarter. In the day time, it has a relaxed environment similar to Nexus. It attracts a different crowd but its historic reputation means it is rarely empty. It walls are full of art and I feel the colour pallet of my work compliments the sometimes gloomy atmosphere.



Public spaces are also an environment in which this work could sit in. I have applied my work to an airport lounge where large art pieces are often found. My concept and ideas can easily be altered and applied to a site where a range of people visit. This location is an opportunity to showcase ideas that will uplift and attract attention as well as be visually appealing to the passers by.


No comments:

Post a Comment