Friday 7 March 2014

Kathryn Clark - Foreclosure Project

Kathryn Clark in an Australian Based Textile artist with a background in architecture and urban design. Her recent work explores global issues such as US foreclosure and global water usage. She tends to use found objects as her medium which is something that made me want to explore Kathryn Clark. 



I love that these pieces use small scale but are just as effective. I also love how Kathryn Clark uses red thread throughout her work. The symbolism of using this vivid colour and the theme that runs through works really well.
Many of Kathryn Clarks works are miniature in scale. This has given me a new perspective that sometimes smaller works can be just as effective in context and skill.
I enjoy this theme of fixing things in a non-tradtional sense - such as the government. 
In terms of practical applications, Clark uses blankets in lots of her work which emulates memory, nostalgia and mending. Blankets are something that is carried around for a long time and ends being constantly mended to improve its life span. This history and memory is something I feel I can use within my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment