Thursday 20 March 2014

Paper Plates

Whilst I ponder over how I am going to attach my ceramic plates together, I bought some paper plates as a prototype to experiment darning and stitching with.




I really  like these results, but I am conscious that this is created with paper. I feel like what will make this project is the embroidery process of contrasting the hard surface of ceramic with the soft surface of thread. I am pleased with these experiments and I feel this has helped me visualise how I want the final outcome to look. 

I would like to produce about 8-10 final samples that I will hang on a wall as if they were china plates hanging on a wall. Using light a shadow will become very important as the surface will become distorted. This layout on the blog is helping me to visualise how I want to final outcome to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment