Tuesday 22 October 2013

Influences - India Flint

India Flint has developed a dye method which she calls Ecoprint.
It is an ecologically sound sustainable dye process that transfers colours to cloth using direct contact.
The idea of direct contact inspires me as it leaves a print that directly reflects the memory. This si something that I have been using within my project, using sound to create drawings. Using a strong system of working like what Flint has created can help my process of drawing with music.


I really like the colours used and the display of sections of her work. I want to edit and select down my work to show the most interesting parts but still tell the story of the song. 
I can use this style of methodology within my practice in the future also. Having a strong method motivates me to produce more work which in turn I can build upon to take risks with.

No comments:

Post a Comment