Friday 18 October 2013

Progression Of Images

After experimenting with using the speakers to draw from, I played with the images to try and inform my embroidery. I played around with enlarging sections of the images to find the most interesting parts and documented this process in my sketchbook so I have a lot of inspiration to work from.
I like how the gouche creates a surface that seems to change with time. Using ink, makes the print bleed out in another colour. This is an interesting quality that I want to take further.


These are prints from the pieces of cling film that I allowed to dry. I am interested to investigate what I can do with these in terms of embroidery. They each have interesting qualities that I would like to explore. The last image is from the photocopier. It was originally all red, but the colours became obscured. I love this effect, even though I'm not quite sure how it happened.



No comments:

Post a Comment