Monday 14 October 2013

Manipulation

I love the effect that has happened here when the Boom Bip sketch was enlarged. Although this wasn't what I intended to happen, the grainy distorted colours that have appeared really reflect the mood of the song and the nature of the image that I wanted to produce. 


I found this was less successful on my sketch of The Game Has Changed. Although some areas of solid paint came out well, I do not like the image as a whole. However I feel like this is helping me think into the future about materials that I could use. This one reminds me of a velvet or other pile fabric. The smooth nature and blend of colours remind me of the qualities of velvet. 

Bigger Drawings
These are more enlargements of some of the larger drawings that I did in response to the music. I wanted to get out of my sketchbook in the hope that I would be able to create more detailed drawings that weren't limited by size. I am happy with my results and especially the enlargements. I can see some delicate areas coming through within my work and am starting to visualise compositions and how I can translate these drawings into embroidery.





After creating an order and organisation within my drawings, I have edited down some of my images. I noticed that I liked the cut off areas arranged on the table. I wanted to document this serendipity and repetition as I feel like I can use this for inspiration for a sample later.

No comments:

Post a Comment