Monday 21 October 2013

Printing on Fabric

After experimenting on paper, I turned my attention to fabric. I gathered a variety of fabrics to initially experiment with how the paint and ink would react on different surfaces. The results I got were massively varied. It has also become clearer here to see the differences in pattern for the two songs.

Boom Bip - Roads Must Roll

I love the variation in mark dependant on the qualities of the fabric used. Above I have used plain cotton which has absorbed the ink, whilst on the right I have used a cheap blind material which due to the weave, has absorbed the paint in a completely different way.


This is the front and back of a piece of blind material. I used the other side of the fabric to the above print which allows the gouache to soak through to the other side leaving an equally as interesting mark.

Daft Punk - The Game Has Changed




I have also been thinking about colour more in terms of representing the two songs. The Daft Punk song represents more colder tones to me. I see a lot of deep blues and greens coming through in my drawings to the music. 

I am really happy with these experiments and now I want to see how I can incorporate embroidery into the experiments to enhance the mood of the two songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment