Saturday 5 October 2013

Photocopying

I begun to experiment with my initial sketches by using the photocopier to enlarge sections. I hoped that this would encourage a variation of lines and help me visualise an image as opposed to a page of scribbles. I am really pleased with what happened next, especially when something went wrong causing the image to distort or miss the page. Here are some examples of what happened...





I really like these two images. In the first image I can see how this could progress to inspire a composition. Whilst in the second image, I'm not sure what happened here but the effect is beautiful. It reminds me of a landscape. The distortion is something that I feel like I can use going forward. It disrupts the original document of the music but still represents areas of sound.


No comments:

Post a Comment