Thursday 17 October 2013

Using Music to Draw

I have been really keen to experiment with using the music to create the drawings. I want to do this method to experiment the differences in marks that two different songs will create.

I have chosen to do this with Boom Bip and Daft Punk songs.


I created my own contraption for creating this mark. I began by layering cling film over the speaker and photographing the paint move around on the surface.



This produced an interesting effect that I want to turn into animations if I have enough time to document the process fully.
I also did an experiment using rice to see how it could move with the music.



I like what is happening here but I want to create prints with the songs so I layered a piece of paper over the top. As the music causes the speakers to vibrate, the paint bounces up and creates a drawing. The marks I got were really interesting. I was really pleased with the differences in marks between the two songs.

Roads Must Roll - Boom Bip



The Game Has Changed - Daft Punk


I love how the two different songs create such different splatter patterns. The marks vary from materials, but the basic shapes are individual to the song. This is something that I want to investigate further through materials. 

I am going to compare the differences in marks between the music.

Next I want to play around with printing on to fabric and see where that can take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment